~ Follow my adventures as a super-hero cat and an eccentric food taster ~

May 25, 2010

ADVENTURES OF MAL-LARCI: CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2: The Beginnings ©

I was a typical marmalade and white tabby kitten, born into a litter with three siblings. This is the only photo I have of my mum and my two brothers and sister, and to this day I don't know where they are.

I am told that this is often the way with kittens and puppies, because they are given to human families. As they grow older, most tend to forget their original families. For me though, I still pine for my brothers and sister and especially my mum and wish I could hold them all in my paws again.

My mother simply called me Ginger-one as I was the first ginger kitten born. I'm afraid that cats do not usually possess much of an imagination when it comes to naming their babies. I would have preferred a much more dignified name such as Hubert or Harold.

Growing up on a farm, I had only just begun exploring my world from our box near the kitchen stove, when my siblings and I were taken away from our mother and given to new families.
It was a shock to discover the world beyond what I'd known, and difficult to come to terms with the loss of my entire family in such as brief period of time.


Within a few days, I began to learn about my new family, but I had no idea that superheroes really existed or that I would one day be called upon to use my own special super-hero gifts.

The first inkling that I might be anything but an ordinary cat, occurred when my mother's human family found me on their computer keyboard. Being very young at the time, the only thing I can remember from that incident was that I had found lots of fascinating photos of cats on the internet.

The humans chuckled as they took me away from the keyboard, having no idea that I had actually been using the computer. They assumed I had simply been fascinated by the cat on the screen.



No comments:

Post a Comment